The term ‘culture-shock’ describes the common feelings of surprise, anxiety and self-doubt when living in a new cultural environment. While Canada is known for being diverse and multicultural, your day-to-day interactions will be influenced by differences in cultural perception.
To help you prepare for cultural differences which will appear at work, school, and in the community, My Canada Plan offers one-on-one cultural preparation. You will be introduced to:
- Differences in cultural perception
- Visible/invisible aspects of culture and different communication styles
- The cycle of cultural adaptation that many newcomers experience
- Strategies to address cultural challenges
- Case studies to practice cultural adaptation strategies